Installing UNO drivers under XP

Just bought a Freetronics11 board, which is compatible with the Arduino UNO. Installed it on my home Windows7 machine, no problems.

However, I have a problem installing on my work XP machine. The IDE downloads and installs, no problems. Then I plug the board in to the USB port, and (as I understand) what should happen, is that the computer recognizes the board as an unknown Comm device, and requires you to install the driver. Quoting from the Arduino instructions:

Look under Ports (COM & LPT). You should see an open port named "Arduino UNO (COMxx)"

What actually happens, is that the computer detects the board as an unknown USB device, which is not right, and no further progress is possible.

What is going on? What (of anything) am I doing wrong?

i dont think this is a problem just contuine the steps see if that works.

Bosseboi: i dont think this is a problem just contuine the steps see if that works.

Continuing the steps does not work, and I have tried many, many times using every variation.

Problem solved. Freetronics provide excellent backup support, and their prompt reply that fixed the problem was :-

There's a Freetronics-specific USB driver file that's needed for Windows. This page should have the details you need to get up and running: http://www.freetronics.com/pages/installing-the-usb-driver-file-for-windows

Evidently I must have followed this procedure when installing at home, but later forgot when attempting another install at work.