integrate the chip into the Arduino IDE

I want to ask how to integrate the chip into the Arduino IDE

Please provide a detailed explanation of what you are trying to accomplish.

What exactly do you mean by "integrate"?

Which chip?

For example, I have a chip. I want arduino IDE to support this chip, which means that I still use arduino grammar to make my chip work. What should I do?

First of all, do some research to see whether it's already supported. Many microcontrollers already have support. You can find a list here:

and a more comprehensive list here:

If you find that your mysterious "chip" is not supported, study this documentation:

Use existing platforms as a reference, such as:

If you want to add support for Boards Manager installation, study this:

That is all the information you will need. After going through all that and giving it a try, if you end up with specific questions, come back here and we'll try to help you out.

Thank you very much!

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance. Enjoy!
Per

huabinwu:
I want to ask how to integrate the chip into the Arduino IDE

How you do that probably depends on which 'chip' you are referring to, there may be hundreds of thousands of different types.

And for chips such as the SN5400 (or newer SN7400) it might not be possible to 'integrate' them into the IDE.

Indeed. If there's already another chip in the same "family" supported by another third party hardware package, adding yours based on that one will probably not be hard.

If there isn't, creating a third party hardware package for this entirely new family of parts could be a much bigger deal (ie, probably beyond your capability if you're asking a question like that). Some parts don't even have free compiler toolchains available, which would make this task impossible - some manufacturers insist on you using only their IDE/tools to program their parts. It's their prerogative, but it's stupid and against their best interest, because it limits uptake of their parts.

Thank you all!

Base on the chip, which is not supported by Arduino IDE now, I want to make boards by myself. Does Arduino IDE have any specific requirements for the board?

The requirements are described in the hardware specification I linked above:

If there is anything you don't understand in that document, you can ask us specific, detailed questions and we'll help you out.

huabinwu:
Base on the chip, which is not supported by Arduino IDE now, I want to make boards by myself. Does Arduino IDE have any specific requirements for the board?

You need to have a compiler toolchain that you can have the IDE pull in via board manager, and you need to write libraries that implement the Arduino API functions (eg, every processor family that works with the Arduino IDE, the person who added support for it wrote the implementation of all those nice convenient functions like analogWrite, etc). And you need to set up the board definitions and the like per that guide linked above - but that's the really the easy part. Hard part is making the arduino "core" that implements the API... I mean, assuming that there's a free compiler available - some families only have proprietary compilers that people need to pay a fortune to license.

What is the microcontroller you have in mind? It sounds to me like you're new to microcontroller programming, and don

DrAzzy:
You need to have a compiler toolchain that you can have the IDE pull in via board manager, and you need to write libraries that implement the Arduino API functions (eg, every processor family that works with the Arduino IDE, the person who added support for it wrote the implementation of all those nice convenient functions like analogWrite, etc). And you need to set up the board definitions and the like per that guide linked above - but that's the really the easy part. Hard part is making the arduino "core" that implements the API... I mean, assuming that there's a free compiler available - some families only have proprietary compilers that people need to pay a fortune to license.

What is the microcontroller you have in mind? It sounds to me like you're new to microcontroller programming, and don

Yes, I am new to microcontroller programming. As for the microcontroller I have in mind, it is anyone Microl Control Unit we can use. Thank you for your answers.