Integrating RFID with science project.

Hi guys, Im a newbie here...
Im a Chemistry graduate and currently pursuing Masters in Analytical Chemistry...
I have a subject this sem and 50% of the coursework to build a project based on arduino...

I have no idea on how to do as this is my 1st time dealing with arduino...

I have to construct a science project, using RFID tag.
All I can see is RFID door access system online, but none is relating to science.

Can anyone suggest or guide me with this ?
Thanks a million.

I have a couple ideas:

Use RFID tags to track inventory of chemistry chemicals, supplies, and equipment. Each asset has an RFID tag attached. Each user has their own identification RFID tag. So you only need to run your ID over the reader, then the item you're using. In the case of consumables, you might have a keypad to enter the quantity used, or maybe have a scale integrated into the system which records the weight to the inventory database with only a press of a button. With equipment, you would scan once when checking it out and again when checking it back in.

Use RFID tags to track experiements. Let's say you have an experiment which involves a large number of separate samples, with data recorded periodically over some period of time. Each sample has an RFID tag which uniquely identifies it. When a tag is run through the RFID reader, it records the sample ID to your spreadsheet, and perhaps you would have further automation of the input of sample data via digital instruments.