Intel Galileo Gen 2 + Amazon Server

Hi,

I have decided to do as my third year university dissertation a project using the galileo arduino. I was looking to find out if my idea is possible. I am looking to have the arduino take readings from a temperature and humidity sensor. Then send those readings to the cloud based database stored on amazons AWS. The code and data would be computed on the cloud and then instructions would be send back to the arduino.

For example: Temperature or humidity level increases dramatically. This calculation is done on the cloud then it is sent back to the arduino to lets say; light a small light sensor or sound sensor to indicate the dramatic change.

Also, the ardunio would always be on taking readings and sending them over the local wifi to the server.

I am an absolute beginner and just reading ebooks online and using udemy to try and figure out all of this. I have until April 2016 to complete this project and I would really like some advice. Anything, you can recommend would be valuable. Thank you.

Ari

What you ask is kind of like can a pc upload data to a server. It don't take much to send data raw.
A plain arduino can do that and more. And the 400 mhz galileo should have no problem reading the data, showing you the data with a LCD of some kind. Oh and calling home to tell you it's cold outside and raining.
You left the car window down again and the seat is wet. Plus you need to pay the power bill you got a email.

And the 400 mhz galileo should have no problem reading the data, showing you the data with a LCD of some kind.

In fact the 400MHz Galileo is much slower than the 16 MHz Arduino when it comes to reading data from sensors. This is due to totally crap design by Intel.

You can do all that using arduino+ethernet shield. In your project there is no need for galileo, because the heavy lifting is being done in the cloud.

mart256:
You can do all that using arduino+ethernet shield. In your project there is no need for galileo, because the heavy lifting is being done in the cloud.

That's my idea too it's like you here a esp8266 and a arduino, Why the esp can read and send data it be great for this. Or just use the arduino and ethernet. Or bluetooth. But don't use something that you don't need.
I don't think IntelĀ® Galileo Gen 2 is the problem writing code to make it work would be more of a big deal. And a waste of a IntelĀ® Galileo Gen 2 to just be sitting and reading a A0 pin.