Interactive Talking Bot

Hi I have Biped working very well , with lots of different sensors/shields etc.. Now i want to bring it to a next level where I would like it to interact with people , as in to provide audio response to certain questions etc what is the easiest way to do it , for starters , it shall be able to introduce itself and then shall be able to reply some basic questions like how are you , what is time / date ( I have RTC shield )

Please help where where shall i start . I am low on budget to buy any expensive shield ( TTS / AUDIO ) more than 3 or 4 USD, as have already spend lots of money on the Biped humanoid ;) Vinay

Please help where to as iam start low on budget to buy any expensive shield more 3-4 USD

You can't do that without spending money.

At a much lower quality than a wave shield and for very short samples you can put them in program memory using a PWM sample player technique like this:- http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/PCMAudio You can add an SD card for longer samples.

Speech recognition is a much more difficult problem. Basically you can't do it on an Arduino, you have to do it on a much more powerful processor that you can use as an add on board to the Arduino, but they are not cheap and also not very good, here is one:- http://www.audeme.com/movi.html?gclid=COmayPz-js4CFU4z0wodWJoINQ

for $4 not even a cheap aliexpress device won't answer human voice questions.

You need at least an android phone for that.

I think we’re living in the future, but Vinay is just a little bit ahead of us. Solving one of the great AI problems with a $4 device?

Hi,

vinayharne: Hi I have Biped working very well , with lots of different sensors/shields etc.. Now i want to bring it to a next level where I would like it to interact with people , as in to provide audio response to certain questions etc what is the easiest way to do it , for starters , it shall be able to introduce itself and then shall be able to reply some basic questions like how are you , what is time / date ( I have RTC shield )

Please help where where shall i start . I am low on budget to buy any expensive shield ( TTS / AUDIO ) more than 3 or 4 USD, as have already spend lots of money on the Biped humanoid ;) Vinay

What pins and how much power have you got to spare. What model Arduino are you using and what shields? Tom... :)

Pi Zero ? (Assuming you can get one)

Of course this can be done for four bucks, but you'll need to scale it to many, many thousand users to be able to put it together. Apple's Siri, Wolfram's Alpha, Microsoft's Clippy Cortana all rely heavily on remote (ie cloud based) computing, in 'almost real time'.

Thanks to All of you got the point need more money and it is not easy

Will study more and see if somehow can scale down on price ( will try to built custom shield on own )

Thanks all of you for inputs and some for sarcasm :)

Vinay