Interactive telephone works

Hi,

I'm working on series of sculptures that are based around telephone hotlines. When the caller as such picks up the phone handset they hear a voice that says press '1' to go here or '2' to go there and so on. With probably a maximum of 16 buttons. I want to use one of the Arduino boards in order to direct the caller as they make their choices. Could anyone recommend which board i should be using or things i should be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Ell.

Probably a Raspberry Pi.

Ellington: Hi,

I'm working on series of sculptures that are based around telephone hotlines. When the caller as such picks up the phone handset they hear a voice that says press '1' to go here or '2' to go there and so on. With probably a maximum of 16 buttons. I want to use one of the Arduino boards in order to direct the caller as they make their choices. Could anyone recommend which board i should be using or things i should be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Ell.

no magic, at a minimum CPU, probably mega, due, Zero SDcard for Audio storage mp3 decoder card to convert audio file to electrical values telephone amplifier interface, to send the the electrical values to the telephone telephone interface circuit, custom to pick that audio off the telephone line DTMF decode circuit to detect which keys are pressed.

Not plug and Pray.

Chuck.

Add 3x4 keypad to telephone. keypad.h library to monitor presses. Serial.write (0x01); to 0x09 or whatever to one of these MP3 modules: http://www.mdfly.com/search.php?search_query=mp3

Thank you all for the advice!