Interesting kit's - cheap

I found this (via www.makezine.com) :

http://www.anykits.com/catalog/index.php

They sell interesting kits, including lots of DC / steppermotor controller kits. Also a DS1307 based RTC kit for only 5$

I'm in no way afiliated with this buisiness, i just thougt it might be interesting to other people in this forum.

MikMo http://www.mikmo.dk

The stuff seems well priced until shipping is factored in. It looks like the only shipping option is $25 (to the UK anyway).

If you do order from them, please let us know how you got on.

Cool. That site is run by a friend of a friend of mine, who in addition to being a great engineer is a wonderful guy. If anyone orders from him, let us know how it goes.

I've spoken to Raj, he replies to messages promptly.

They offer a variety of shipping options:-

FED-EX, DHL, Air speed Postal, and Surface mail (via sea).

Shipping costs would depend on the method, I'll be ordering a few toys for the play pen next week using FedEX so I'll post back and let everyone know how it arrives.

If they offer those shipping options they should definately make it more obvious! When you try to checkout, the $25 courier option is the only one that comes up, for australia anyway

Did you use the "international orders" link in the upper right corner ?

I haven't orderd anything my selv yet.

To save me from having to fill out a sample order and then cancel it, does anyone know: (a) if "courier" is the only shipment method to the United States, and (b) if the rate is around $25US, is that per item or how the shipping breaks down for multiple items?

It might be worth getting together group orders. The prices are great otherwise and I do have a friend who is living in India currently - I wonder how much room he has in his suitcases?

Suitcases as well are dirt cheap in India :-)

That site is a real candy store - so many tempting items. The 89C2051 board for $6.00 looks especially interesting.

Yes the kits have been nicely color coordinated with bright pastels against lawn green PCB's, almost to look like candy.

They do custom pcb's and assembly, and also have a component site, anyparts.co.in, but, not as much to look at yet.

Hello everyone,

Sorry i could not refrain from replying as i handle the online part of Anykits. I can assure you that all efforts are being made to make the shipping cost as low as possible. Now we have included EMS speed post (International Air Mail) as a shipping option which typically costs $15 to the US. Large courier companies do charge a premium for express delivery. It does cost less to ship to Europe and other Asian countries. If anyone is interested in stocking/reselling some popular kits in the US please do let me know.

Vinay

It does cost less to ship to Europe and other Asian countries.

What about Oceania? Aka Australia and New Zealand. There are quite a few of us here.

It does cost less to ship to Europe and other Asian countries.

What about Oceania? Aka Australia and New Zealand. There are quite a few of us here.

FED-EX, DHL, Air speed Postal, and Surface mail (via sea).

We need a tracking number so will try out DHL and Air to New Zealand, and post back on costs/timing.

Vinay, thanks for coming on here, the product range quite is interesting if the total price can be made competitive.

I don't see why say: Quote: “? Air Mail shipping option which typically costs $15 to the US” Quote: “? it does cost less to ship to Europe”

As an example, I placed the smallest board I could find (the five dollar RS232 interface, product id 327) in my basket and shipping to the UK came to $17.

Also, is there not a much cheaper option than EMS express. I guess that many would not mind waiting a week or two if the shipping costs could be brought right down. Its been my experience that registered airmail shipping from hong kong is half the price of EMS express for 500g parcels and much less for lighter parcels.

Anyway, if you had a cheaper option it would certainly appeal to me.

Hoping to do business with you soon ;).

But are we still talking "per item" or is the shipping a flat rate up to certain weight/number of items?

Thanks for all the patience, The shipping rates for EMS are calculated by a tabular system offered by Indian Post but the cost varies between 2-4$ depending upon the country. We did try the normal Air Mail i.e non speed post and that turned out quite unreliable and often got stuck in customs for long periods. We are trying to negotiate a better deal with TNT / UPS at the moment and we will figure out a more cost effective shipping option in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for all the patience, The shipping rates for EMS are calculated by a tabular system offered by Indian Post but the cost varies between 2-4$ depending upon the country. We did try the normal Air Mail i.e non speed post and that turned out quite unreliable and often got stuck in customs for long periods. We are trying to negotiate a better deal with TNT / UPS at the moment and we will figure out a more cost effective shipping option in a couple of weeks.

That's a problem considering that, in fact, your only offering FedEx, or 14 day Air mail with no insurance. And if it's that unreliable, why bother offering it all?

btw - your email confirmation system needs some attention too, no confirmation received yet from a sign up completed 4 hours ago!

i offer air mail and even though its somewhat unreliable, ive -rarely- had packages be completely lost. most people are pretty much ok with the failure/delay rate for small items.

The site has credit cards accepted on the home page, but we took a large order through its paces and the only payment option available is "paypal" :-?

If I remember correctly, they accept credit cards for customers in India - for whatever reason, I think it was much easier to get a credit card payment gateway set up for Indian customers than for international ones.