Interface Arduino with MySQL database of PC

Anybody know how to interface Arduino with MySQL Database of PC in order to access some details of associated with the output of the arduino?

Anybody know how to interface Arduino with MySQL Database of PC in order to access some details of associated with the output of the arduino?

Say what?

The Arduino, if it's wearing an ethernet shield, can make GET requests. The script in the GET request can be a PHP script that knows how to interact with a MySQL database. This assumes that the MySQL database is accessible from the web server that the PHP script is running on.

The GET request can contain information that the PHP script needs to be its job, like a temperature that it is to store in a table.

What "details of associated with the output of the Arduino" means is a mystery.

Thank you very much for your valuable reply. you are absolutely correct but, if I describe more about my problem is, actually I need to interface RFID with arduino. I hope to make a student attendance system. Each student want to have an RFID tag. Before I'm issuing the tag to students, I can save the relevant details of the tags in MySQL database such like student no, Name, etc. An LCD display is interfaced with arduino, my problem is, Once I hover an RFID tag above the RFID reader, the corresponding details of the student should be displayed in the LCD. We can communicate PC and RFID using bluetooth module. So how can I access to database in order to achieve this?

We can communicate PC and RFID using bluetooth module.

OK, fine.

So how can I access to database in order to achieve this?

You need an application running on the PC that listens to the serial port that the bluetooth module sets up. When a tag is scanned, the Arduino receives a message, containing the tag.

It sends that tag as part of a message to the PC. The message is received by your application, which asks the MySQL database who's tag it is.

The response from the database is then sent back, by the application, to the serial port that the Arduino is on, which then displays the data on the LCD - "You're late, Johnny. Get up earlier, tomorrow!".

Yeah that's awesome. Thank you for your great idea.

You need an application running on the PC that listens to the serial port that the bluetooth module sets up

sorry to say that I'm having little confuse on this task. Because I think my software knowledge is in very dummy level. Which software platform I may use to develop this? (If you can, could you please suggest some sites to refer that knowledge?) thanks again

Which software platform I may use to develop this?

Whichever one you know. Given the way this thread is going, I think you are in way over your head. I don't hold out a lot of hope of this project succeeding.

If you are to prove me wrong, you need to quit trying to hatch the project all at once. Work on one piece at a time - with wires - FORGET THE BLUETOOTH CRAP for now.

Either put an ethernet shield on the Arduino, and make GET requests to PHP scripts that interact with the database, or send serial data to a port that has an application that you develop listening to the port that can parse and understand the requests that the Arduino makes, and provide the appropriate response.

The former requires more hardware, but setting up a web server, in a local area network, PHP, and MySQL is fairly easy. The development of the PHP scripts and MySQL database doesn't even involve the Arduino or RFID reader.

Building an application that gets serial data and accesses a MySQL database isn't that difficult, either. It does not need to involve the Arduino, initially, either. It can read user input instead of serial data, to determine what to do, and to prove that access to the database is done correctly. When that part works, the input and output are clearly defined.

Making the Arduino generate the needed input and parse the output is then relatively easy.

Making the Arduino generate GET requests, if you go the ethernet route is easy, too, after you've done all the client/server development on the PC. The Arduino simply replicates the functionality of the client that you developed on the PC, but using real data that it got from the RFID reader.

Once the whole process works wired, you can then think about wireless.

yeah thank you.. I'll try my best according to your ideas and let you know the results. Again thanks a lot