Interfacing a microcontroller with an H Bridge

Hi everyone,
I have a few questions regarding interfacing a microcontroller (I'm using an ATmega328p chip,a 16MHz crystal, and a few other components for this), with a bidirectional H Bridge that consists of an 8051 chip,a ILQ74 optoisolator,some resistors,and a L293 chip. I am also wondering how I might tie a servo into the microcontroller or H Bridge.
Any help is most appreciated.

Please do not cross-post. This wastes time and resources as people attempt to answer your question on multiple threads.

Threads merged.

How to use this forum

Well it’s easy to drive motors through the 293… presumably you know how to do that, since you incorporated one into your device. It’s got four outputs and four inputs, enabled in pairs. You hook a motor onto the outputs of one pair, with h/l inputs onto the corresponding inputs. Enable with that pair’s enable pin, and off it goes. Reverse direction by swapping the inputs l/h, and speed control with pwm on the enable. But you probably knew that?

Difficult to help without knowing the characteristics of your home-grown h-bridge in total.

As for a servo, well that’s simply a matter of giving it power (from a source external to the Arduino) and connecting its control wire to an Arduino pin and using the servo library.

I am wondering what the 8051 is for - if you have a microcontroller to control the H-bridge why use another
microcontroller too?

Mark T,
I was wondering if an HD74LS93P chip would be a suitable choice for my application. I looked up the data sheet and it states that this chip can be used as a motor driver rated at 1.5A,but I am wondering if it's the ideal chip or if I should use something else.

Hi Everyone,
I have a question regarding whether an HD74LS93P chip is ideal to use for a motor driver,or if there is another chip I should use. I'm using this along with an arduino to control an R/C motor. Any help would be most appreciated.

Electronicshead:
Mark T,
I was wondering if an HD74LS93P chip would be a suitable choice for my application. I looked up the data sheet and it states that this chip can be used as a motor driver rated at 1.5A,but I am wondering if it's the ideal chip or if I should use something else.

All the references to the HD74LS93P that I found, such as this one, say it's a 4-bit Binary Counter.... I think you have a confusion somewhere, perhaps over the "S93" where you really mean "293"?

I did have confusion - my apologies.