Interfacing potentiometer to arduino +IOT

As a start to arduino+IOT I want to interface a potentiometer to arduino and send it's voltage values to my smartphone i.e: potentiometer====>aduino====>ethernet shield===> >======smartphone(receiving text values of voltage as per position variations in potentiometer) How do i make my smartphone receive those text values(of potentiometer) continuously? And display it on my phone?

We just picked up a Bluetooth BLE module from Adafruit. It lets your Arduino connect to a smartphone. We're just starting to play with MIT App inventor to learn how to send stuff back & forth https://www.google.com/#q=mit+app+inventor+arduino+bluetooth

I don't think you want phone plugged into ethernet all the time, do you?

CrossRoads:
We just picked up a Bluetooth BLE module from Adafruit. It lets your Arduino connect to a smartphone.
We’re just starting to play with MIT App inventor to learn how to send stuff back & forth
Google

I don’t think you want phone plugged into ethernet all the time, do you?

Sir,
this is not my project this is just a practice project i am taking up.
My actual project is automatic guiding system for soldiers during shooting training practice.
That is : When soldiers practice shooting they need to go near the target to understand the exact error in their hit at the target which is time consuming so i wanted to take up this project to tell the exact error in their shoot for every fire at the target.So they can correct it before they hit the next one.
So now i want to talk about other half of the project not worrying about how i am going to sense the hit etc…etc…
Now my aim is to send some measurable quantities at a longer distance (that is why using ethernet shield) and read it out.As you mentioned about mit app inventor i have gone though them But, could you just detail a bit more on how do i connect the stuff what i create using mit app inventor to arduino(as i am new to arduino).I hope why i am using ethernet shield is answered.