Interfacing with the Computer

I need to monitor voltages on two different circuits and continuously send it to the computer, and I also need to be able to send a 1 or 0 from the computer to a port on the Arduino to control a motor. Can I do all this with the USB connection provided with the Arduino? Can those three functions "share" the line to the computer and get it all done? I just need to samples in milliseconds, not anything crazy. Thank you in advance!
Chuck

Chuck4360:
I need to monitor voltages on two different circuits and continuously send it to the computer, and I also need to be able to send a 1 or 0 from the computer to a port on the Arduino to control a motor. Can I do all this with the USB connection provided with the Arduino?

Yes, that is something that can be done. The USB link to the arduino is presented to the PC as a simple com port.
Can those three functions "share" the line to the computer and get it all done?

Yes it can be done. However that are two programs that have to be designed and written, one for the Arduino and one that runs on the PC. What programming language you use to write a program to run on the PC is up to you. Any PC programming language that can access the PC com ports can work with an arduino program running on it's board.

I just need to samples in milliseconds, not anything crazy. Thank you in advance!
Chuck

I would suggest using a "handshaking" method with the Processing language, as that works works well

Thank you for the responses! That tells me what I need to know!

@Chuck4360

Check my tread at Arduino Forum. I use Processing and on the Arduino, I use a LCD display. This was a "hello wold" experiment. In Processing, my code will have to be change if you use it. It the port number. My system is not your system. That why. Arduino is no change in the code. I am doing the same thing in this tread Arduino Forum. I change my Processing code, because more ports was add since I did the experiment. ( I add a bluetooth in my computer ).