Interference from Light Switches.

Hello Everybody, First post on this forum. I have an unshielded cat 5 cable connected to a magnet sensor. I'm getting interference from a light switch near it. I'm adding a delay so the sensor needs to be closed for a period of time to try and avoid the interference. Does anyone know what delay should i set this to?

You'll have to determine that experimentally... How long of a delay do you need to ignore the noise, and how long of a delay can you live with? (Only you can answer those questions.)

If you have 60Hz power you need to start around 17mS and go up. For 50Hz, it's 20mS

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

magnet sensor

What is it?
Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies. I just have a cheap magnet sensor from china, sorry I'm in over my depth a bit here. Before I saw these results I had tried 50ms just as a starting point and i haven't had it happen since. Judging from tinman13kup's response that should be more than i need so I'm going to leave it for now. Thanks again for the replies, it tells me I'm at least not crazy with this as a solution. I may come back to this thread in a few weeks if it does start acting up on me again though.