Intermission Chime/PA System

I am trying to make a remotely controlled chime/bell/announcement system for intermissions and event related needs in a theatre. I have a general sense of how to go about it, but I am looking for recommendations regarding what board to start with and what to use regarding making the system wireless.

ObtainSoup:
I am trying to make a remotely controlled chime/bell/announcement system for intermissions and event related needs in a theatre. I have a general sense of how to go about it, but I am looking for recommendations regarding what board to start with and what to use regarding making the system wireless.

OK, step 1 in any product development is to clearly state the goals. You have at this point vaguely stated goals of "remotely controlled chime/bell/announcement system". Before you start thinking about boards and code you need to flesh out exactly what that means in technical terms.

For example one part might be that you have a certain button and you want that when that button is pressed a chime module is energized. And you would also tell what exactly you have in terms of a chime so that we can see what it's requirements are and what inputs it might need to make it do its thing. From there you can decide how to go about it. Before that point it's all just hand waving and time wasting.

Do this for all the other features. Figure out what you have to work with and exactly what you want it to do. Don't think about the how yet. Pay no attention to how something would happen. Basically I want you to write the first rough draft of the users manual for the thing you want to build.

Once you have all those requirements figured out, the rest of something like this project is pretty trivial. The actual hardware / software part of this is easy peasy. The part that requires work is defining exactly and with detail what you want it to do.

I am building a rather more complicated thing of this nature. an alarm system for large, remote properties, incorporating a complex doorbell

the simplest, easiest to implement sound card is the Catalex YX-5300. inexpensive, painless, and flexible. you record or find a chime of your choosing on the internet, and play it back. I play mine back through a PA and an FM transmitter, so you can hear the chime anywhere on the property at a volume of your choice without running wires

the Arduino you use depends mostly on how many pushbuttons you intend to implement. the cheapest Micro costs chump change, the Mega mini costs 2 X chump change. I recommend the Mega mini, because requirements tend to grow

ObtainSoup:
I am trying to make a remotely controlled chime/bell/announcement system for intermissions and event related needs in a theatre.

It's called a cordless doorbell. About $10 in the general store.

This would appear to have nothing at all to do with Arduinox. :roll_eyes: