Internet Killswitch - Current Question

So I hooked my arduino up to a relay which I wired to my router. This allows me to easily reset the router from my computer without fumbling for wires. The arduino is in a box which receives the router power from a DC jack and sends it out via a repurposed RCA connector. Inside the box, some connections are made via jumper wires.

My question is this - Is this going to be too much current for the jumper wire? The power supply reads 12V with a max of 3 amps.

Am I playing with fire?

That is not possible to say from here.

It depends on the wires. It depends on how much current is actually going throug it.

I'm more worried about the connections of the jumper wires than the actual wires.

For a project that should last many years, I don't use jumper wires. I make a dedicated shield and solder the wires to the shield. The wires are protected against breaking with hot glue.

My question is this - Is this going to be too much current for the jumper wire? The power supply reads 12V with a max of 3 amps.

Measure the router current with your multimeter. I've got a Netgear 614 that measures at ~180ma.