Interpolation methods for predicting future

by analysing from the data inputs in one instant, i need to predict what are the next inputs after some milli sec: so what interpolation method can i use for this

Linear interpolation?

delta = current - previous next = current - delta [edit]This is not a hardware/interfacing question. It's a software question.[/edit]

Linear regression is a good bet. If you know something about the actual variation in the reading, you might be able to fit a more accurate function. If you have nothing at all to go on, perhaps doing a linear regression over the previous few points is the best you can do.

you have any functions codes

you have any functions codes

have a read of:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_regression

This is a very vague question and so we can only supply vague answers.

ok

Don’t wish to be picky, but prediction of future data is “extrapolation”. Interpolation is the assessment of data between two measured points. ie it relates to history.
jack

Don't wish to be picky,

Yes you do. ;) Picky is good, although I don't know what the on line translator this poster is using will make of the term? ;)

delta = current - previous
next = current - delta

delta = current - previous
next = current + delta

BTW This assumes same distance between the data inputs.

This assumes same distance between the data inputs.

And also assumes the data reading hasn't changed direction. This is the problem with linear extrapolation, it can't go on forever. In the absence of any sensible information about the application we can do little else.