Interrupt Library

Hey all,

I am new to the arduino environment but pretty familiar with C and interrupts. The answer to my question is probably fairly simple but I’m having trouble attaching the interrupt.h and io.h libraries to my arduino program. When I compile it says that it can’t find them. I have the following includes:

#include < avr/interrupt.h >
#include < avr/io.h >

Checked the code against many examples posted in this forum and I think that’s how the implementation of the interrupt and io library is done. I also installed WinAvr but that didn’t help either.
Bottom line is that I don’t have the libraries at all or not in the right location. Where do I find them and how do I attach them to my program?

Thanks.

You’ve got a space in front of the filename - the preprocessor won’t like it.

#include <avr/interrupt.h>

BTW, you didn’t tell us what OS you’re using.

See, I told you it will be a simple answer... That fixed it. Thanks.

I still don't understand where the it takes the libraries from since I could not find them anywhere in the arduino folders. I use windows vista.

The Arduino IDE installation has several different folder locations for include files. I found interrupt.h (using the standard windows search function) on my xp installation at:

C:\Documents and Settings\Primary Windows User\My Documents\My Programs\Arduino\arduino-0018\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr

Lefty