Invalid directory when upload example file

Hi
Basic question
Started installing, Found the first example Blink
tested it while connecting to the UNO R3 board light blinks but when I try to upload the file as instructed, I get Invalid Library found in C:\Users\James\Documents\Arduino|Libraries\led_blink; no header files (.h) found in C:\Users...
Can someone please help this newbie to get started
thank you
James

Is that the entirety of the messages shown? Please post all of the output when you attempt to upload, not just part of one line.

Also, did you copy it correctly? I would expect it to be reporting invalid library found in C:\Users\James\Documents\Arduino***Libraries\led_blink not C:\Users\James\Documents\Arduino*|**Libraries\led_blink

Invalid Library is normally a warning, not an error, and does not normally interfere with compilation/uploads. In this case, you have something that is not a library located in that location. Is that where you saved your sketch? If so, that would indeed cause a warning, because that location is reserved for libraries, not sketches. (the sketch folder would normally be saved to C:\Users\James\Documents\Arduino (eg, C:\Users\James\Documents\Arduino\name_of_sketch )