Invalid library found in C:\

hi there ,
I am getting this in the Arduino IDE v1.8.13 ...
what does it means why is it coming ..
i never noticed it before

Invalid library found in C:\Users\mkbut\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduino-Test-master: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\mkbut\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduino-Test-master

i can upload my Arduino codes ...
after all the Upload this line appears...

I think its not good ...
any help

mkbutan:
what does it means

It means that you have something in the C:\Users\mkbut\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduino-Test-master folder that is not a valid Arduino library.

mkbutan:
why is it coming ..

It's coming because you put something that is not a valid Arduino library in the C:\Users\mkbut\Documents\Arduino\libraries folder. You should only put Arduino libraries in the C:\Users\mkbut\Documents\Arduino\libraries folder.

mkbutan:
I think its not good ...

It's only a helpful warning. You can safely ignore it. Or if it's freaking you out, then just move the C:\Users\mkbut\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduino-Test-master folder somewhere else. Or if it's of no value to you, just delete it.

Thanks for your valuable time dear @pert

It's coming because you put something that is not a valid Arduino library in the

but why would i put anything unrelated to arduino ...
it never used to come before ..

it appears in all the .ino even if we upload the blank
Code:
void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}
Invalid library found in C:\Users\mkbut\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduino-Test-master: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\mkbut\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduino-Test-master
Executable segment sizes:
IROM : 228400 - code in flash (default or ICACHE_FLASH_ATTR)
IRAM : 26352 / 32768 - code in IRAM (ICACHE_RAM_ATTR, ISRs...)
DATA : 1248 ) - initialized variables (global, static) in RAM/HEAP
RODATA : 688 ) / 81920 - constants (global, static) in RAM/HEAP
BSS : 24840 ) - zeroed variables (global, static) in RAM/HEAP
Sketch uses 256688 bytes (24%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
Global variables use 26776 bytes (32%) of dynamic memory, leaving 55144 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.
esptool.py v2.8
Serial port COM5
Connecting....
Chip is ESP8266EX
Features: WiFi
Crystal is 26MHz
MAC: 18:fe:34:de:a2:7d
Uploading stub...
Running stub...
Stub running...
Configuring flash size...
Auto-detected Flash size: 4MB
Compressed 260848 bytes to 192747...
Wrote 260848 bytes (192747 compressed) at 0x00000000 in 17.2 seconds (effective 121.5 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.

Leaving...
Hard resetting via RTS pin...
its coming in esp and Arduino Nano also

The compiler is looking through all the folders in the Arduino\libraries folder, regardless of whether or not the library is used. That is normal operation, in part because it needs to locate library files used by default code used by all sketches. You have a folder that does not contain a valid library, therefore you will see a warning.

david_2018:
The compiler is looking through all the folders in the Arduino\libraries folder, regardless of whether or not the library is used. That is normal operation, in part because it needs to locate library files used by default code used by all sketches. You have a folder that does not contain a valid library, therefore you will see a warning.

mkbutan:
but why would i put anything

Don’t ask me. If you’re the one who put it there, then you’re the one who knows why you did it!

mkbutan:
unrelated to arduino …

Clearly it’s related to Arduino. It says it right there in the folder name. It’s just not a valid library.

I can see from the screenshots that, indeed, it’s not a valid library. The screenshots also gave me enough information to find out where you downloaded this from:

From the readme:

Arduino-Test
Arduino test sketches.

Notice the part where it says “sketches”? These are Arduino sketches, not libraries. You should not put sketches in the C:\Users\mkbut\Documents\Arduino\libraries folder. It’s convenient to put sketches in your sketchbook folder: C:\Users\mkbut\Documents\Arduino because then they will show up under the Arduino IDE’s File > Sketchbook menu, but you are welcome to put them anywhere you like, just not in the libraries folder.

@pert
Global Moderator
Brattain Member

thanks dear sir thats why you are an Globel Moderator thats great thats 100% right the Arduino GY87 was downloded from the same gethub site but unfortumately it did not work as some time back in the Lockdown period I thought of working on 10DoF GY-87...

Some of your Good Work

Mr. xox
Joined Sep 9, 2017 496
Today at 12:37 AM

Recomanded your Post from AllAboutCircuits

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance. Enjoy!
Per