invert signal on active low interrupt

Im aware that this might sound stupid and trivial but is possible and how to use this signal

¯¯¯¯¯¯_/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯_/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯_/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯_/¯¯

to make this one

¯¯¯¯¯¯_______/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯_______/¯¯¯¯

using only logic, not microcontroller

found it, T flip flop is the answer, T High, and source signal to clock

[u]T flip-flop[/u][edit]

A circuit symbol for a T-type flip-flop If the T input is high, the T flip-flop changes state ("[u]toggles[/u]") whenever the clock input is strobed. If the T input is low, the flip-flop holds the previous value. This behavior is described by the characteristic equation: Q_{next} = T \oplus Q = T\overline{Q} + \overline{T}Q (expanding the XOR operator) and can be described in a truth table:

"T" stands for TOGGLE. (hence the name, duh)

BTW, not that it matters any more but your post title doesn't match your problem. You were looking for a frequency divider , which is quite different from simple inversion, as suggested by your post title. I'm just sayin'.....

Now when I look at it it is a divider, but initially problem was in managing alarm interrupt signals for standalone use of RTC, and since periods are long and its asynchronous I wasn't looking at it that way

You'd normally toggle with a DQ flipflop that has a Qbar output. Qbar->D, input -> clk