ioctl("TIOCMSET"): Broken pipe error raspberry pi 4 and seeeduino

i'm trying to upload a new program with a library called hx711.h and get the following error -
ioctl("TIOCMSET"): Broken pipe
ioctl("TIOCMSET"): Broken pipe
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding .....................................
etc

a few exceptions that make it problematic -

1. i'm using seeeduino lotus v1.1
  2. the seeeduino is communicating through serial with a raspberry pi 4 model B, also the arduino ide (adjusted for lotus) is controlled through the raspberry pi.

order of events:

• the seeeduino is working properly when i upload another program, let's call it main.
  • then i dowloaded the hx711 library and uploaded an example program from the hx711 library.
  • received the error :" ioctl("TIOCMSET"): Broken pipe"
  • tried to upload main program again, also got error:" ioctl("TIOCMSET"): Broken pipe"
  • after a few reboots and ejecting the usb cable my main program is up and running again, but still have no clue how to activate the hx711 library and all that.

my main suspicion is that i should've adjust the library to seeeduino somehow (and i guess i should post this on a seeeduino forum) but i'm not sure how, and i'm not sure that is necessary. all i know is that when downloading the DHT22 library to seeeduino, i had to download a library specialized for seeeduino (which i didn't find in the case of hx711).

what do you think?
awaiting your kind advice! :slight_smile:

If you experience this error, use to following command on the Raspi and post the output:

dmesg | tail -50

Which version of the IDE are you using?

all i know is that when downloading the DHT22 library to seeeduino, i had to download a library specialized for seeeduino (which i didn't find in the case of hx711).

Why? It's a 5V 16MHz ATmega328p, so it should be pretty similar to an UNO or a Duemillanove (depending on the bootloader). I see no reason for a different library.

1 Like