Ipad -> arduino yun -> cisco router

Hi!

Is it possible (how), using wi-fi to connect from ipad to arduino yun, connect to the console cisco router?

Path: ipad (wifi) -> (wifi) arduino yun (usb) -> cable usb 2 com -> cisco console

Tnx!

Getting started with Arduino Yún - tutorial (6:53) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-hPhWHWnvs

It is, but Yun is too expensive a board for this. You'd be better off with a Raspberry Pi. The Yun allows you to run Arduino sketches, but with this configuration, you really wouldn't be taking advantage of the Arduino side at all. Either way, here's how I would do it:

1. I use Serverauditor app on my iPad (superb ssh client) to connect to Yun over SSH. You would first need to configure the network settings of your Yun to your preference.
  2. Connect USB to serial adapter to the USB port to the Cisco router/switch and find the com port associated to the USB adapter. You will find this to be something like /dev/ttyUSB0
  3. Use your preferred terminal emulator over USB from within SSH session on Yun. You'll need to make sure you use the correct terminal emulation for the Cisco device, i.e. baud rate, stop bits, flow control, etc.