Ir Carrier Frequency help doesnt make since

Freq=1000000/(N*. 241246)

i ether must suck at math which may be possible or im missing something here

i have the value of N = 0x0067 in decmal thats 103 which they say the freq = Carrier 40.244kHz when i do the math i do

1000000/(103*. 241246) breaking this down i get 1000000/(24.848338) 1000000/(24.848338) 40244.14027207775

i cut off the trailing after the decmal and move the decmal over 3 places right 40.244

if so that means if N=108 so the freq = 38.380? did i do that correct?

Have you ever switched on the TV and watched the last 10 minuets of a film? You don’t know who anyone is or what they are talking about.
Sadly your post is like that.

You need to provide more information about what you are calculating and on what circuit, in order for anyone to be able to make sense of this.

which they say the freq

Who are they?

sorry let me explain a little better i was on some forms but i dont have the link the people on the forums used that formula to calculate the carrier frequency for a ir Pronto Hex Code i think the forum was http://l5remote.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14

calculate the carrier frequency for a ir Pronto Hex Cod

Getting closer. What is a " ir Pronto Hex Cod", - six quick fishes? And what has this got to do with the Arduino?

For IR you do not calculate the carrier frequency, this is fixed by the hardware in the IR receiver. What are you trying to do?

im bad at explaining things lol ok here we go again i forgot the e of the word code in the last post

i trying to build a device that you can enter the proto hex code in and it will be able to send the codes to a tv using a ir led i was trying to figure out how to calculate the frequency because not all tvs are on the same one it would have to adjust based on the code i actually have a working code now and i am using a arduino uno as the platform eventually i will be able to add sd card support for easy changeing of tvs

if so that means if N=108 so the freq = 38.380? did i do that correct?

If you mean the frequency is 38.380kHz then yes, that is right.

Pete

thank you it was a little confusing for a little bit