IR code reader ans sender

Hello

Aren't their just some easy program's that you can upload to your arduino, so you can read a Infrared code from any remote ? On the arduino site, i found some code where i can read a IR signal but that output is meant to use with some graphical software and not really to save that signal and send it with the arduino. So i just need some code that read some ir signals, so that i can save that info in a header file or something and when I have that info about the ir codes, i can resend those signals too for example my radio. Someone know some good sites or codes of something ?

thanks

Our demo library for the Gadget Shield has an application just like that: decode any IR remote, store the code in EEPROM, then play them back on command:

http://ruggedcircuits.com/html/gadget_shield.html#SampleSketches

It probably wouldn't be hard to modify this code to take the data and store it in a header file instead. The code is not specific to the Gadget Shield so you don't have to buy one -- it will work with any IR receiver and IR LED.

-- The Rugged Circuits Yellowjacket: 802.11 WiFi module with ATmega328P microcontroller, only 1.6" x 1.2", bootloader

Thank you for the reply !

But I tried a code like that before but it works only with a few remote controllers. The remote controle i'm using at the moment usses the NEC codes, so that program don't recognize the codes of my remote.

http://www.arcfn.com/2009/08/multi-protocol-infrared-remote-library.html with the program of this site i can read the codes of my remote controls (NC6 and NEC) but there are some problems with the sending part. I think the problem is I use a arduino mega and it is made for arduino uno (other chip). In the IRremote.cpp file their is a line : '''''''TCCR2A |= _BV(COM2B1); // Enable pin 3 PWM output''''''' So I think I have to chance that line. Or am I wrong ? I also used a normal led to test if the led blinks when I send something but the led doesn't blink or anything (code receiving works fine, my IR LED also works but can't send)