IR Emitter (work, i hope :) ) -> Receiver (won't work :( )

Hey Guys,

i need some help for an Infrared Receiver.

I've got those both products: Emitter: http://dx.com/p/5mm-ir-led-emitters-20-pack-2399 Receiver: http://dx.com/p/electronic-component-infrared-receiver-black-10-pcs-154287

The emitter sends out some red light (i can see when i'am looking into the LED), so i think it is working properly. The other side, the receiver, won't work, as i need it. The Model is a PIC-0038Q; i don't find any datasheet or other things about it.

My question about is, how do i get it to work?! :)

The experiment was to emit light from the emitter and receive by the receiver; write down into the serial stream the analog value of the receiver to see it works. If i put something between, the analog value should hardly decrease (Emitter and Receiver are 0.5cm close). But the receiver only got values between 0 - 1023 in an sinus like curve... whether i put something between emitter and receiver or not,... i think i also tried every type of wire configuration on it (on some configurations it went pretty hot :D ).

Greetings

PIC-00*38*Q.. indicates 38kHz. I'd try with IR-library and any of your remote controls. (example code with library) If this give you a readout (digital) you can try making your own codes with your emitters. 38kHz modulation Use wikipedia to find "remote control codes" commonly used.

The IR emitter you have is just an IR LED. You must use it with a resistor to limit the current through it (typically 150 ohms if you use a 5 V power source or Arduino output) or it may be destroyed. Of course the anode/cathode polarity must be correct.

The IR receiver you have is an integrated device that receives only IR signals that are modulated, in this case at 35 kHz according to the link, but 38 kHz is more likely. The receiver will not indicate a signal unless the incoming IR light is switched at that frequency. There are a number of tutorials with Arduino code available to help you use the combination you have.

You may already have damaged either device by connecting it incorrectly, so start with ones that have not been abused.

thanks guys i will try this :)