IR LED blasting too weak

Hello I have designed an IR Remote AC Controller circuit that you can see here:
IR LED Schematic

but compared to the real AC Remote control mine somehow its not strong enough the signal of my unit under angle or behind some object is invisible to the air conditioner but compared to the real remote it has no problem at this conditions.

I saw several schematic and calculations at spark fun IR LED max circuits and have adjusted mine but I am not very sure what I did wrong, maybe the LED needs to be special or I choose a wrong R1,R2 value for 2222A transistor, can anyone please who has done it suggest something ?

Are you sure the real IR remote and your IR LED are using the same wave length of light? That could be a real show stopper!

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Are you sure the real IR remote and your IR LED are using the same wave length of light? That could be a real show stopper!

Paul

Hi Paul,

well the ac unit is Mitsubishi electric any way to find out using specification online what is the wavelength currently I know two exist on the market 840nm and 940nm I am using 940nm right now ?

Time to experiment!

Paul

Did you see this in the datasheet of the TC1262-3.3v.
"A 1uF (min) capacitor from VOUT to ground is required."
I only see 0.1? resistors marked as capacitors.

The ESP and the LED draw high peak currents.
I would put at least a 220uF/6.3volt tantalum buffer cap on that 3.3volt rail.

The input of the regulator should also have a proper buffer cap, depending on Ri of the power source.

A 1k base resistor might not give the 2N2222 enough base current for full saturation with 100mA collector current.
Could lower that resistor to 330 ohm.

And yes, there are IR LEDs with different angles and wavelengths.
The frequency of the transmitter/receiver might also not match.
Leo..

Wawa:
Did you see this in the datasheet of the TC1262-3.3v.
"A 1uF (min) capacitor from VOUT to ground is required."
I only see 0.1? resistors marked as capacitors.

The ESP and the LED draw high peak currents.
I would put at least a 220uF/6.3volt tantalum buffer cap on that 3.3volt rail.

The input of the regulator should also have a proper buffer cap, depending on Ri of the power source.

A 1k base resistor might not give the 2N2222 enough base current for full saturation with 100mA collector current.
Could lower that resistor to 330 ohm.

And yes, there are IR LEDs with different angles and wavelengths.
The frequency of the transmitter/receiver might also not match.
Leo..

Hi Leo,

I've actually decided to use normal IR LED but I did not change the schematic component, nice add up for the capacitor but its too late right now I will try with different LED and a 330 ohm resistor and sее how it goes