Ir phototransistor connection

Iam planning to build an arduino based aircraft. I have some parts from disassembled rc helicopters and so. I have already managed to make a controller with analog sticks, which I put into analog inputs. If I make it to serialprintln, it shows resistance values of axis trimers.thats what I want. I tried to connect an infra red emitor to analog input together with 10k resistor. I uploaded a specific program to basically analog write those values to ir led as luminance intensity. I can not see any flashing through camera or filter, do I need any external additional circuitry or something? I also can't figure out pinouts of 3 leg receiver, which is supposed to be sensitive to ir light. Is there any way I could separate inputs to the transmitter, so I can use separate analog sticks--one for throttle and second one for directions. Thanks.

Text is easier to read if the different thoughts are separated by white space - like this

Iam planning to build an arduino based aircraft. I have some parts from disassembled rc helicopters and so.

I have already managed to make a controller with analog sticks, which I put into analog inputs. If I make it to serialprintln, it shows resistance values of axis trimers.thats what I want.

I tried to connect an infra red emitor to analog input together with 10k resistor. I uploaded a specific program to basically analog write those values to ir led as luminance intensity. I can not see any flashing through camera or filter, do I need any external additional circuitry or something?

I also can't figure out pinouts of 3 leg receiver, which is supposed to be sensitive to ir light.

Is there any way I could separate inputs to the transmitter, so I can use separate analog sticks--one for throttle and second one for directions. Thanks.

...R

You need to post your program and a photo of a simple drawing showing exactly how you have everything connected. See this Simple Image Posting Guide

Also you need to tell us what Arduino you are using and post links to the datasheets for all the external components. For example "3 leg receiver" and "IR emitter" are meaningless without their datasheets.

...R