IR Question

Hi I am new to these forums and new to ardunio

I have setup the IR remote example and it works perfectly

I have a question about the output of the TSOP. the captured signal from the TSOP give hex or raw IR data. Which can be saved. I want to use the ardunio to have certain IR RAW data saved in the program and output from the ardunio, in the same format as the TSOP. I want to get ride of the TSOP and just output the capture IR data from the ardunio pin
How would I do this?

Many Thanks

Bhavin

Since you said you're using an example, use the example for sending from that same library.

yes but the sending from the library goes via the ir led and the format is changed.

It is not very clear what you are trying to achieve ? Are you attempting to turn an Arduino into a type remote control simulator, where it beams prerecorded patterns to another device through an infrared diode ?

Take care to use the same carrier frequency as your TSOP, when sending the recorded patterns.

It's not required to disable unused IR protocols, the linker will include only the really used methods.

bhavinp:
I want to use the ardunio to have certain IR RAW data saved in the program and output from the ardunio, in the same format as the TSOP.

The IR receiver, (TSOPxxxx), doesn't have a "format" as such. It just goes high and low in response to the incoming signal, with the 38kHz or 40kHz carrier removed. The data format is the same as what was sent.

I want to get ride of the TSOP and just output the capture IR data from the ardunio pin
How would I do this?

The "TSOP" has nothing to do with sending, only receiving.

yes but the sending from the library goes via the ir led and the format is changed.

The format of the data sent should be the same as the data that was received. Or do you mean that it is modulated onto a carrier?

If I understand you, you want to output the received data on an I/O pin without the carrier. True or false?

bhavinp:

format, whatever you mean, is only changed if the code changes it

Which protocol do you receive from your remote control? NEC?
Use the same protocol for sending.

If you have a second Arduino at hand, you can use one for the sender and one for the receiver. Then check whether the codes are sent as expected.

BTW the TSOP delivers the decoded signal, with carrier removed, while the IR LED signal includes the carrier.

Hi
Thank you all for your input and sorry it doesn't make sense...but what im trying to do this

send the following which i captured from TSOP, out from the arduino pin.
I want to hard code ir codes into the arduino and output them as they would be outputted from a TSOP

Decoded RC6: C05C80 (24 bits)
Raw (46): 2700 -800 550 -350 500 -350 550 -800 500 -800 950 -350 550 -350 500 -400 500 -350 500 -400 950 -800 950 -350 500 -400 500 -800 500 -400 950 -800 500 -350 550 -350 500 -350 550 -350 500
-400 500 -350 500

so if i convert C05C80 to binary - 1100 0000 0101 1100 1000 0000 and send this out say on pin 9 would this be the same output as the TSOP?

Many Thanks
Bhavin

irsend.sendRC6(0xC05C80, 24);

hi

doesn't that add the carrier to the signal, as it is meant to be used with a ir led

kind regards
Bhavin

p.s. just tested with ir led and it is add carrier to the signal.

I need to just send out without carrier

thanks
bhavin

Why do you think that the carrier is not required?

I have a feeling he has no carrier and just has an IR LED wired to the output pin.

You need to generate a carrier signal...ways to do this include:

A) A 555 timer circuit.
B) The 8/16bit timer/counter in the ATMEGA counter (I use this a lot!)
C) A module with a driver built in.

If you REALLY want to shift the bits out without a carrier signal...then...

Just use bit masking and bit shifting to pulse the IR led.

This screams out XY.

@bhavinp , what’s the purpose of this? Why do you want to send out the raw format without a carrier?

hi

please see image and you will understand. i want to connect to a stb without the use of a ir led or ir receiver

kind regards

bhavin

So you want to hack somewhere into a Set Top Box (STB) and feed a signal from the Arduino directly in ?
Why don't you simply connect an Infra Red Diode to the Arduino (with appropriate sketch ) and use the existing TSOP (or equivalent) in the STB ?

The carrier is turned on by TIMER_ENABLE_PWM, and off by TIMER_DISABLE_PWM, found in IRremoteInt.h.
Change these macros to output a high and low level on any output pin, to obtain the modulation without carrier.