IR receiver problems

Hello, I am a beginner with Arduino and I would like to use the IR receiver to control a car, using an IR controller from a spoilt helicopter. However, when I connect the IR receiver to the Arduino Uno board, my board and IR receiver gets really hot and my Arduino sketch says:

In file included from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Stream.h:26:0,

from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/HardwareSerial.h:29,

from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:232,

from sketch\ir_control.ino.cpp:1:

C:\Users\acer\Documents\Arduino\ir_control\ir_control.ino: In function ‘void loop()’:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:30:13: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant

#define HEX 16

^

C:\Users\acer\Documents\Arduino\ir_control\ir_control.ino:16:34: note: in expansion of macro ‘HEX’

Serial.println(results.value.HEX);

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

I used the library by Sheriff, #include <IRremote.h>.

But when I take the IR receiver out and tested my Arduino with the Blink Sketch, my Arduino Uno worked perfectly and did not get hot.

If anyone hears this, please help me. I have got a project due in one week.

~From an 11-year-old kid who needs help.

Best Regards,
Jay

Code attached here

ir_control.ino (360 Bytes)

Typo here:

Serial.println(results.value.HEX);

That second period should be a comma:

Serial.println(results.value,HEX);

Thank you very much, wildbill! It uploads the code now! The other problem is that the IR sensor and the Arduino board gets really hot while it is in operation! It even auto-shutdown! Does anyone have an answer to that?

Thanks for your reply, JaydenCoder101.

Best power it off before you destroy something.

How is it all wired up? Best way to show it would be to draw a circuit diagram and post a photo of it.

Do you have a part number for the IR receiver?

wildbill:
Best power it off before you destroy something.

How is it all wired up? Best way to show it would be to draw a circuit diagram and post a photo of it.

Do you have a part number for the IR receiver?

1838, is that a part number?

And, do I need a Capacitor?