IR Remote functionality

I'm working on a project that is currently operated using buttons and switches but i want to make it function with an IR remote, and i want to make the remote from scratch as well, I'm not really sure where to start though. I purchased these two breakout boards from spark fun SparkFun Max Power IR LED Kit - KIT-10732 - SparkFun Electronics and SparkFun IR Receiver Breakout - TSOP85 - SEN-08554 - SparkFun Electronics to test them out I want to use two arduino unos to get the IR to talk to the receiver and just be able to send commands like turn this light on, turn this brightness down, etc, etc

my main concern is regarding the programming of the project

Hi,

There’s heaps of info available right from the source of your boards. Aside from the tutorials on those product pages, they have this very good article about iR communicaton with Arduino. If you’re still up for more reading, there’s also a heap of goodness at Adafruit that takes you right from the very basics.

All the best with your project - Geoff

strykeroz:
Hi,

There's heaps of info available right from the source of your boards. Aside from the tutorials on those product pages, they have this very good article about iR communicaton with Arduino. If you're still up for more reading, there's also a heap of goodness at Adafruit that takes you right from the very basics.

All the best with your project - Geoff

sorry for the late response, thank you so much for your help