IR Remote power measurements using stepper motor.

Hello All, I would like to Measure the IR power measurements from an IR remote.
I can do it using Stepper motor driver using axis controller and measure the IR power using Signal power measurements.

If you guys have any other ideas, to measure the IR power.
Let me know. I would like to determine the angles at which the IR Transmitted.

You have a remote control device (or an IR emitter) which, instead of pointing directly at the receiver, you want to point indirectly at it (at various angles) and measure the intensity of the received IR beam at those different angles. Is that it ?

A stepper motor arrangement sounds like overkill for this test as has been described.
In what units are you going to do these IR measurements ?

6v6gt:
You have a remote control device (or an IR emitter) which, instead of pointing directly at the receiver, you want to point indirectly at it (at various angles) and measure the intensity of the received IR beam at those different angles. Is that it ?

How do I do it ?

A stepper motor arrangement sounds like overkill for this test as has been described.
In what units are you going to do these IR measurements ?

I will measure it in uW or nW.

OK. you are measuring the effective power of the transmitted beam by deriving it from some measurement taken from the IR receiver which you will present in uW or nW.

The IR emitter led will have in its specification an 'angle of view' and the effective received power will also be dependent on the distance between the emitter and receiver.
It is also possible the beam from the IR led is not a true cone, symetrical in all planes.
You'll also have to minimise the effect of reflected IR emissions.

But, anyway, you could start with the IR receiver at a fixed point and mount the IR emitter a fixed distance away, say one meter from the receiver. Manually vary the angle of the beam direction from the emitter away from the receiver in degrees (say from 0 to 90 horizontally) using a protractor and say every 5 degrees take a power measurement at the IR receiver.

Maybe repeat the exercise for another fixed distance between the emitter and the receiver.
Maybe repeat the exercise this time altering the angle in the vertical plane.