IR-remote program

I really need help figuring out how to use the IR-remote program to be able to control my robot for my class. I have tried to even get it to be verified but it never seems to compile. Any of the programs I have tried to download from GitHub from shirriff don’t ever seem to work. I have tried several time and downloaded the libraries several times and have even tried restarting my arduino application by redownloading that. I would really like some help with this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

fiked

PS

Here is the copied error message I get. I have also attached the code with screen shots. I don’t know if it will help.

Arduino: 1.6.1 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino Uno”

Build options changed, rebuilding all
/Users/DcfRed/Documents/Arduino/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp: In member function ‘long int IRrecv::decodeWhynter(decode_results*)’:
/Users/DcfRed/Documents/Arduino/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:753:51: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before ‘{’ token
long IRrecv::decodeSharp(decode_results *results) {
^
/Users/DcfRed/Documents/Arduino/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:1357:1: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
}
^
/Users/DcfRed/Documents/Arduino/libraries/IRremote/IRremote.cpp:1357:1: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
enabled in File > Preferences.

Can you please attach the actual code and not just screenshots.

Changes were made to the IRremote library 16 hours ago. Might be a fix for your problem. Try downloading the new version.