IR send and receive problem

Hello,

I try to make my own customize remote with an arduino uno Rev 3. I use a Samsung remote so send IR-data to the arduino and it should send the correct IR-codes to my Telefunken TV.

I can receive and send the IR-codes separately but when i combine the codes than it it doesnt work . The IR-transmitter doesn´t send any data and sometimes the receiver doesn´t work either.

I think there are any problems with the functions from the IRremote libary I use, when i use send and receive together.

Additionally in these projekt there is a lcd, a rgb led and a dht11 but this part of the code works fine.

Hopefully someone can find the mistake i made while using the functions from the IRremote libary.

Thanks a lot

SmartTvZusatzUno.ino (11.3 KB)

@esteban_vy

Your topic was Moved to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Which protocol does your remote control use?

I am not sure about the protocol of the Samsung remote I want to use (probably samsung). In my code I use the rawData from the receiver and it works very well.
The TV I want to control uses the protocol RC5.
Sending and receiver works separatley, that is why I suspect the problem is the use of the receiver and sender in the same code. IR-Code, protocol and hardware are correct, otherwise it would not work stand alone.

Right, you may have a feedback from the sender signal to the receiver code. Can you definitely disable the receiver while sending?

Perhaps that is the problem. I tried to disable the receiver while sending with "IrReceiver.stop();", after sending I use "IrReceiver.start();" and "IrReceiver.resume();" to restart the receiver and continue the signal capture.

I read that there might be a problem with the used internal timer in this libary, when using send and receive. But I am not sure about it and I dont know how to configure the timer right.

Right, a timer is required for both emitter and receiver, for different purpose. Are there multiple ISR for the same timer interrupt in your code?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.