IR Sensor reading reversed when outdoor

Hi! I've a problem with my IR Sensors(the LED looking sensors lol).

When I'm indoor the reading of my sensor is from 0-350 but whenever I take my 4WD car outside the reading becomes 350-0.
it's sunny outside, I know it could affect the sensors but don't know if it can reverse it. anyone know how do I solve this?

hmmm. I checked it again, it's not really reversing, when it reaches 350-0 it'll read again from 0-350. I think this became a programming question, I don't know how to delete this and transfer to programming questions.

What kind of sensor is this supposed to be ?

A temperature sensor ?

A communication sensor ?

A rangefinding sensor ?

Your description of your problem is uninformative.

michinyon:
What kind of sensor is this supposed to be ?

A temperature sensor ?

A communication sensor ?

A rangefinding sensor ?

Your description of your problem is uninformative.

Sorry I didn't know there are different kinds of IR sensors like temp IR sensor or IR communication sensor. It's a photo diode.

Hi Tamulmol.
IR sensors will pick up IR in sunlight it's full of it!! are you using these as distance or object detecting sensors? If their of the LED looking type, they can get a lot of IR leaking through the sides, use some heat shrink tubing to cover the sides right up to the top.

Are you detecting just IR light from an IR LED or is it modulated or carring a pulsed Square wave? Doing that will stop daylight from interfering with it?

Regards
Mel.

Cactusface:
Hi Tamulmol.
IR sensors will pick up IR in sunlight it's full of it!! are you using these as distance or object detecting sensors? If their of the LED looking type, they can get a lot of IR leaking through the sides, use some heat shrink tubing to cover the sides right up to the top.

Are you detecting just IR light from an IR LED or is it modulated or carring a pulsed Square wave? Doing that will stop daylight from interfering with it?

Regards
Mel.

I already put shrink tubes on the IR Sensor(the black LED). Do I also need to put tubes on the emitter? I'm using this sensors to detect the floor, car will reverse when object is too far, I put the sensors on the bottom of mobile platform. The sensor reading doesn't stop at 0 that's my problem, when object is too close it starts reading again from 350 to 0.
I didn't know sun is full of IR, I had been drinking when i was supposed to be studying LOL. Thanks for the reply! :slight_smile:

Anyone know how to fix this? I don't what else to do lol. My IR sensor, Sharp IR or the LED looking Sensors give the same result.
My problem is the value of the sensor doesn't stop at max value or zero. it keeps reading again when it reaches zero. the number just keeps rolling until the sensors too close. unlike my Ultrasonic sensor it stops at zero and at the max value. :frowning: