IRSendRev.h crush with math.h ????

Hi all,

I am doing a project on using infrared temperature sensor and IR transmit-receive sensor together with an Arduino Uno board. I have run the code for each sensor separately and they all work well, but when I combine them in the same program, error occur. I have add some simple serial.print()(ie. Start program) for debugging, and there are only Mojibake show on the serial monitor. I had check the baud rate before but it did not help. Then I try to copy and paste the code directly from the successful code but error still occur. I did know know why this happen so I decided to comment some lines/functions to locate the error code. Finally I find that when I comment either one from the <IRSendRev.h> or <math.h>, the print out will work successfully. So I start to think that are these 2 header crush in my code?

I had search for many information from the Internet but I still cannot solve this error. Therefor I would like to ask for help if anyone can give me some hits to solve it out?

Thank you very much!!!

P.s. I am not at the lab right now so the code and error message will be post on tomorrow.

But I find that the <IRSendRev.h> seem to has a crush with <math.h> and I do not know why.

You think one library has a crush on the other one? Highly unlikely, as libraries are completely unemotional.

If you have a problem, you need to state what that problem is, rather than leaving us to guess. I’m not fond of guessing games, and am likely to guess that the problem is you.

You really should have read the How to use this forum - please read post at the top of the index page and How to use this forum before posting.

ie Your code and any error messages should always be placed between code tags. Posting it inline as you have done makes it much harder to read or copy and paste for diagnosis.

It's still not too late to edit your post and do this. You'll make potential helpers much happier. :)

And what Paul said. State the problem clearly. Also post your error messages. (Not the library code.) Posting your code might help too, as described above.

PaulS: You think one library has a crush on the other one? Highly unlikely, as libraries are completely unemotional.

If you have a problem, you need to state what that problem is, rather than leaving us to guess. I'm not fond of guessing games, and am likely to guess that the problem is you.

Thank you PaulS reminds me that my questions is not clear, I will try to rearrange it. Sorry for that.

OldSteve: You really should have read the How to use this forum - please read post at the top of the index page and How to use this forum before posting.

ie Your code and any error messages should always be placed between code tags. Posting it inline as you have done makes it much harder to read or copy and paste for diagnosis.

It's still not too late to edit your post and do this. You'll make potential helpers much happier. :)

And what Paul said. State the problem clearly. Also post your error messages. (Not the library code.) Posting your code might help too, as described above.

Thank you OldSteve! I will read through the link first and rearrange my question. Sorry for troubling you.

fypyk: Thank you OldSteve! I will read through the link first and rearrange my question. Sorry for troubling you.

No need to be sorry. You didn't trouble me. But when code is formatted and posted correctly it's much easier to read, and also it's easy to copy it and paste it into an IDE for testing/verifying when it's appropriate.

As I mentioned, with this particular problem, the error messages and your code are important, so we can see exactly what the conflict is. Without them, we have no way of knowing what the actual problem is. The error message will show which definitions etc are conficting.