Is all this fessible with regular Adruino?

I am looking to use an Arduino (have not decided on which one yet) to act as the I/O interface to a mITX pc embedded into a Sega Genesis.

What I'd the the Arduino to do: Be powered by the USB port of the PC, using a charging USB port so that the Arduino is always on if the system is plugged in.

Control the Windows volume based on a slider pot (not sure what pot yet I'll use). I plan to just have the Arduino send a value to my Windows side program which will then adjust the volume.

Turn on/off the pc based on the switch's position and the state of the PC. As in if the power switch moves from off to on, Arduino triggers the power switch pins on the PC to turn on. If the power switch is ON position and is switched to off, the PC will turn off if it is off, stay off if it was never on (aka unplugged while 'on'). The Arduino will somehow (probably based on the Power LED state of the PC) judge if the PC is on or off, and take the correct measures to turn it on or off based on the switch state.

TFT LCD Display with SD Card This should be fairly straight forward, I just plan to have it show an image of the sponsor logo most the time whenever the PC is on.

PC Turned on Bootup I was wondering if I can use the SD Card to also house the wav file that I would like to play when the PC is turned on. Essentially I hope to play the 'Sega' 1-3 second sound along with showing pictures (shown with enough speed to make it look like a gif) on the TFT LCD Display at the same time. I plan on using a small speaker, with a transistor conected to it. Is this feasible using just one SD Card from the LCD Display, or will I need two shields to accomplish this?

Will all this be feasible on a single Arduino, and if so which one would be best?

I'd spoof a keyboard to do the volume/etc commands (using a micro for the native USB).

Not sure about synchronizing the sound - I'd have the computer make the noise, and try to get the timing such that the TFT screen showed things at the right time.

The computer could potentially not have speakers connected to it, as it would depend on what was hooked up to it.

It's not even about synchronizing the sound, I'll worry about that later. Can I actually use the SD Card from the TFT for another purpose too?

If the shield has both a display and an SD card in it, you should be able to use both. The shield, being designed with both, should also be free of the conflicts that can arise when using multiple shields.

The shield in question is https://www.adafruit.com/products/358 incase anyone was curious.

I was figuring I should be able to use the SD Card on it not for just pushing the bitmap to the display, but having never dealt with this shield before thought it better to ask those who may have experience with them.

DrAzzy: I'd spoof a keyboard to do the volume/etc commands (using a micro for the native USB).

Not sure about synchronizing the sound - I'd have the computer make the noise, and try to get the timing such that the TFT screen showed things at the right time.

It won't be a perfect sync, when you're using the SD you won't be able to update the LCD. You'd change the picture, then play the file from the SD, or the reverse.

Good to know, if that's the case I could always split the audio file up and toggle between the two making it look and sound continuous. At least a starting point anyway.

Figured I'd give a slight update, that the Uno appears to cause the TFT LCD to take several seconds to draw. I've read or heard that's due to the speed of the processor and PWM line. I will be seeing if the rumour I heard that the Mega is faster with the TFT LCD later this week when I borrow one from a friend.

Drawing bitmaps onto TFT displays over SPI with a microcontroller is always going to be a little depressing in terms of speed :-/

I use the B&W LCD's with the easy-mode controller from Digole when I want a larger display - they're very easy to control, and since they're B&W, there's a lot less data to shuffle. This may not be helpful for you though.