Is Arduino the right board for high-resolution wireless sensing?

I think the point you are missing is that when a message doesn’t get through the Arduino is prompted to send it again. This takes time and could interfere with the acquisition of new data.

It seems to me that the data could be sent over serial and timestamped by the receiver. There's 60K bits of data per second, plus whatever packet protocol it's wrapped in. 115200 baud should take care of it.

Yes, I know about that and it is obviously the A/D conversion and read time, plus some A/Ds require a recovery time as well.

I've never heard that referred to as the "answer time", though. You learn summat new every day! :grinning:

Really? I have never seen one.

No nether have I but it is not too hard to understand what he was trying to say.

Any my point was that the "answer time" has nothing to do with the sensor, and it won't appear in an analogue sensor spec sheet, because all it does is output a DC voltage.

You see what I was getting at now?

Remember the OP wants to be able to correlate data from each individual based on time, likely down to the fraction of a second.
Paul

Likely to be a whisky taste on a beer budget.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/analog-to-digital-converter

So are there any actual chips that have this in their specification, have you got part numbers for this?

:rofl: :rofl: It's OK, Mike, you can be the winner.

This is the point I was making:

There is if you need to do averaging to reduce noise, for instance, or if the source impedance is very high you might need to wait for settling.

My first thought is try searching with keywords: data logging arduino clone - I know there are several boards out there designed for this.

Here is the problem with the OP's plan. I read the linked article. The synchronization they continually refer to is MANUAL synchronization of some bodily response to some aspect of the music. They used the individual physical responses and manually synchronized some response factor. So they were able to research many music parameters and many physical parameters.
The OP plan would not be able to have any synchronization other than the recording rate that he desires.
This whole design cannot accomplish the goal as stated.
Paul