Is 'God' a war criminal?

Let's suppose god existed.

How many innocent lives must god take? Aids, ebola, black death, spanish flu...

If a human took the same amount of lives he/she would be held for war crimes, so I guess it's best god never actually turns up lol

I bumped into God recently. I asked him about all the apparent random loss of life, he said "look, I'm just doing my job!"

Can't argue with that really.

As I see it there are three possibilities,

a) He cannot do anything about it b) He doesn't give a shit c) He doesn't exist

either way "he" is irrelevant.

Rob

If a god did exist, where did it come from? Another god? And that one? Science rules.

GOD is a program running on the universe from the point of singularity filling limited memory and back again.

It is all one big Void loop()

What is has been and will be again.

Probably - given enough time.

CrossRoads: If a god did exist, where did it come from? Another god? And that one? Science rules.

That's known as infinite regression or 'Turtles all the way down' and leads to insanity.

cjdelphi:
Let’s suppose god existed.

How many innocent lives must god take? Aids, ebola, black death, spanish flu…

If a human took the same amount of lives he/she would be held for war crimes, so I guess it’s best god never actually turns up lol

According to the bible, God created evil, and you can’t get more evil than that!

Only if one takes the opening statement as true.

Genesis 3:22 - Then the LORD God said, "See, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"

"like one of [u]us[/u]"?

So much for monotheism.

(Of course, if you want to believe in Bronze Age fairy stories . . .)

I think you may have gotten the title wrong. Where is there a War anywhere here? What about just criminal? Even then, why would it be God's fault?

flyboy: I think you may have gotten the title wrong. Where is there a War anywhere here? What about just criminal? Even then, why would it be God's fault?

WAR is always around us.

flyboy: I think you may have gotten the title wrong. Where is there a War anywhere here? What about just criminal? Even then, why would it be God's fault?

War criminal = someone who murders innocent people on mass.

God created everything? If so he also created the most powerful most deadly weapons known to man, viruses.

This is why if god existed, he's the biggest war criminal to exist killing billions if not trillions of people.

CrossRoads: Only if one takes the opening statement as true.

I take none of it as true.

Well, this is Bar Sport, a good place not to believe anything you read 8)

... And the man asked God "There is so much misery, why don't you do anything about it?" After a short silence God answered "That's why I created you" ...

Prior art

Give his age, hes probably very grumpy by now, if he can stlii remember why he did it.

someone who murders innocent people on mass.

That would be a mass murderer, or presumably a serial killer if it is a lot of people but not all at the same time.

cjdelphi: Let's suppose god existed.

I rather leave that one open, but let's suppose the devil existed as well and check who of both has most killings on the tally....

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.nl/2006/08/who-has-killed-more-satan-or-god.html