Is it a good idea to use Atmega328 in commercial products ?

Is it a good idea to use Atmega328 with Arduino boat-loader as the core microcontroller in commercial products ?
I noticed that anyone now can do a lot and can really innovate with friendly and easy tools while most industries produce products in a totally different approach .I mean is there a real need for using something difficult and at a low-level like Assembly in the industry !?

depends on the price and quantity and your margin and the size of the product . Does the mega fit in the box ?

The native chip is much cheaper than a mega board so .. it depends ...

i would have to say, the main reason would be mass production and the cost

robtillaart:
depends on the price and quantity and your margin and the size of the product . Does the mega fit in the box ?

The native chip is much cheaper than a mega board so .. it depends ...

well an atmega328 can be found in around 1.5$ are there cheaper microcontrollers! and regarding the size well I guess the 28M1 packing is around 4mm by 4mm which is really small xD !

fuzail:
i would have to say, the main reason would be mass production and the cost

I dunno but I found on digikey.com that a pack of 100 is around 160$ ! can we get cheaper microcontrollers ! like what would be for 50 cents or something! xD

If they do it that way it's because they save money in the long term.

eg. ATmel makes chips with 32 bytes of RAM and 512 bytes of flash memory. You're not going to be able to program that in C++ using the Arduino IDE ... but if you can use them in a mass-produced device instead of a Mega328 you can save millions of dollars.

That the ATmega328 exists at all is/was for its application in "commercial products".
They didn't develop it for the Arduino/maker/DIY crowd.