Is it necessary to always check EEPROM is ready before reading/writing?

I am using Atmega328 EEPROM. Is it necessary to use eeprom_is_ready() before reading and writing to EEPROM? I notice that the EEPROM.write() and EEPROM.read() in arduino library does not use eeprom_is_ready(). Is this advisable?

Is this advisable?

Is there a way for the internal EEPROM to not be ready to be read from? Written to? If you can think of a way, you should probably test that it is ready.

lightaiyee: I am using Atmega328 EEPROM. Is it necessary to use eeprom_is_ready() before reading and writing to EEPROM? I notice that the EEPROM.write() and EEPROM.read() in arduino library does not use eeprom_is_ready(). Is this advisable?

http://michael.bouvy.net/blog/en/2013/06/17/eeprom-advanced-usage-arduino-uno-atmega328-int-char-string/

No need to check, the read and write functions block till the hardware is ready should there be an existing write operation in progress.

You might want to poll eeprom_is_ready() should you want to prevent the system waiting in the case a previous write is active (it takes several ms to complete so could upset timing-critical code without polling).

Also if say you wrote a value and then wanted to power down the system (assuming you had hardware to allow this), you need to wait for any current write operation to complete before switching the power off.

Well said MarkT.
But also when using the idle modes the of the Atmega chip itself, should wait for an EEPROM write to be finished.