is it okay when 5V and GND inputs are soldered together?

Because they all use the same power source, anyway?

nate890: Because they all use the same power source, anyway?

Soldering 5v and GND pins together would create a short circuit condition and possibly damage something. Perhaps you meant something different then what you wrote? A wiring drawing is worth a thousand words sometimes.

Lefty

I mean, if all the pins on the shield are reserved for GND, so it wouldn't be soldering 5V with GND

nate890: I mean, if all the pins on the shield are reserved for GND, so it wouldn't be soldering 5V with GND

I'm sorry, I just don't understand what you are trying to ask.

Lefty

Alright.

Here's my shield http://www.r3cube.com/A-Ric/regan/ardo-prototype-diy-wboard-3.JPG

If all the pins for the headers at the very right (the top right headers, 5V) are all soldered together, will this affect voltage?

All the 5V pins will already be tied together with copper tracks. Solder will make no difference. The same goes for the ground pins - they will all be tied together already.

And no, paralleled 5V connections will not affect voltage - the only thing that will do that is excess current draw.

If you mean: "Can i solder all of the 5v pins to all of the other 5v pins" and maybe: "Can i solder all of the GND pins together" Then yes, you can as they are already connected anyway.

If however you mean: "Can I solder all the gnd pins to the 5v pins" The no, you will short out the power supply.

"Then yes, you can as they are already connected anyway." thanks dude.

"Then yes, you can as they are already connected anyway." thanks dude.