Is it posible to create mega arduino stand alone?

i am using atmega 328-pu chipset for my aplications (as stand alone). I would like to use the "strongest" ATMEGA1280, can i create stand alone mega?

I would like to use the "strongest" ATMEGA1280, can i create stand alone mega?

Assuming you can deal with the mounting & soldering of the 1280 package, standalone operation is pretty much identical to doing a standalone 168 or 328. You need a 16mhz crystal/caps or 3 terminal resonator. A pull-up on the reset pin, and .1ufd bypass caps on all the Vcc connections. You will have to determine how you wish to program the chip, either via ICSP (no bootloader required) or serial (bootloader required). Following any of the standalone 168/328 designs posted around here should give you an idea of what all is required.

Lefty

I have a breakout board with the 2560 installed... It's pretty much as small as you can get.

Essentially it is a Atmega2560 with 1 set of 26 pin dual row headers on each side.

I can get pics up if you are interested.
http://www.jkdevices.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=49

Jeff I'd be interested in seeing what it looks like.

Here is the pic I have. It would include a full set of headers (male or female)... missing in this pic. You can seen the resistor for the reset in the second picture. Not a problem for me to add a 16MHz resonator and some filtering caps. Bootloader is optional.