Is it possible to connect RX to another device than TX

Hi,

as the headline says my question is if it is possible to connect the RX pin to another device than the TX pin. My problem is that I have a GNSS module which recieves correction data via a radio link and I would like to send the corrected GNSS data from the module via bluetooth to a smartphone. As I cannot access a bluetooth module connected to the development board directly I need to connect an Arduino. The GNSS module has only one RX and TX pin, so if I connect the Arduino via UART the radio doesn't work anymore.
Now I figured that the radio only needs to send its correction data to rx and it shouldn't need communication in the other direction. As well as the Arduino only needs the output data and doesn't need to send anything to the GNSS module. Is it possible to connect RX and TX to different devices?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. My "Arduino" is a LinkIt One, so it has RX and TX pins and a funktion "Serial1" to make a connection via these.

Is it possible to connect RX and TX to different devices?

What happened when you tried? That is the ONLY way you will know for certain with your specific hardware.

I think I cannot try because it is a wired development Board, so the radio is on the same board as the GNSS module...

btsens:
P.S. My "Arduino" is a LinkIt One, so it has RX and TX pins and a funktion "Serial1" to make a connection via these.

Post a link to the datasheet for your "Linkit One".

...R

Robin2:
Post a link to the datasheet for your "Linkit One".

...R

There should be everything about the LinkIt One. The pinout diagramm is fairly beautiful but not super helpfull, so I postet a link with every document about it. Unfortunately for the Hardware Reference Design one needs to log in to this site (and I am not registered).
This is the documentation for the development board, the pinout diagramm is on page 21.

It looks like the LinkitOne is intended to be physically compatible with an Uno but uses a different MCU.

I can't quickly see if the Rx and Tx pins (which would be 0 and 1 on an Uno) are treated as Serial1 (like on a Leonardo) or as Serial (like on an Uno).

On an Uno Rx and Tx carry the same signals as the USB connection when it is used for serial comms. On a Leonardo the USB connection is "Serial" and Rx and Tx are completely separate and are treated as "Serial1"

If the Rx and Tx are separate then they should be ideal for connecting to an external device with a serial connection.

...R