Is it possible to control a 220V pump and a 12VDC motor with a 5V relay module?

Hello everyone,

I have a 8 relay module (5V - see image attached) and want to use it to control: 2 pumps (220V), and a 12V motor. Is this possible? If yes, how should the wiring and code look like?

I’m quite new to this, so I’m sorry if this is an obvious question.

Thanks!

relay img.jpg

Image from Original Post so we don’t have to download it. See this Image Guide

a1f28551e7d253ef16865f053026d85b4758c867.jpg

…R

How much current do the pumps draw? As far as I can see the relays are rated for 10amps so personally I would not use them for a motor that draws more than 1 or 2 amps because motors draw a very high startup current.

Also I would not control a 12v device and a 230v device from the same set of relays.

I am planning to get some similar relays myself for a low voltage application. I believe they have Input, Normally Open and Normally closed contacts connected to the screw terminals but I don’t know which is which. You can easily check with your multimeter when you DO NOT have any mains voltage present.

I presume there is a control pin for each relay and one each for a GND and 5v connection to the Arduino.

…R

So what should I use to produce a right current? Can this be solved with a transistor?

Godelieve:
So what should I use to produce a right current? Can this be solved with a transistor?

First you need to post a link to the datasheet for the pump so that we can see how much current it requires. Or maybe there is a label on it and you can post a photo of the label.

Note that you don't "produce a right current", The design of the pump motor determines how much current it requires.

...R