Is it possible to load webpages on a TFT display using esp8266?

Hi everybody, I was just wondering If there is a way there exists some library using which we can fetch certain webpages from internet and display them on a TFT display or a Nextion display, I mean if we can build some sort of a Web browser using an esp8266 module. Something like a VNC client(Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVFWgACP6sw) maybe but not as a secondary screen but esp8266 as a webpage in itself.

I was just wondering If there is a way there exists some library using which we can fetch certain webpages from internet and display them on a TFT display or a Nextion display

No, this isn’t possible. Modern browsers need lots of features from HTML to CSS to Javascript to WebSockets. Most web pages of today use these techniques and won’t display correctly without them. To implement them you need much more RAM and Flash than the ESP offers you.

Something like a VNC client maybe but not as a secondary screen but esp8266 as a webpage in itself.

A VNC client seems possible but then you need a local computer where the actual browser runs.

saibersingh: I was just wondering If there is a way there exists some library using which we can fetch certain webpages from internet and display them on a TFT display or a Nextion display, I mean if we can build some sort of a Web browser using an esp8266 module. Something like a VNC client(Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVFWgACP6sw) maybe but not as a secondary screen but esp8266 as a webpage in itself.

I don't know any Arduino Library which covers this requirement, but I'm far away from saying that this is not possible. Of course an ESP could parse a HTML page and display it on a TFT, you just have to write a "browser" sketch with the limited RAM/flash available on the ESP. Technically absolutly doable in my opinion (but not worth the time), just getting very complicated when we start to talk about todays CSS3 and/or JavaScript.

Get a raspberry pi zero w.