Is it possible to make a call with pre recorded voice as input

Hello all,

Is it possible to make a call by taking pre recorded voice stored in SD card as input using GSM shield?
Someone has experience doing this or something similar?

regards

vivek

Not exactly what you're asking about, but I believe it is possible to do this using the Twilio service. I haven't done that exactly but I have used an Arduino, Temboo, and Twilio to send text messages to phones. I was able to do that with the free accounts that Temboo and Twilio offer but there are some limitations on how many texts you could send per month with the free accounts. I remember seeing that it also could do recorded voice calls.

I can't see a reason why not. If you have a method to establish the call, then the modem has no dependence on the processor during the call (unless you need to monitor some call metrics) Then it simply a matter of wiring that audio output to the modems audio input and letting run. Hang up at the of the playback as needed.

Are you setting up a robo-caller?

Thanks to all for your valuable time and guidance :)

lastchancename: I can't see a reason why not. If you have a method to establish the call, then the modem has no dependence on the processor during the call (unless you need to monitor some call metrics) Then it simply a matter of wiring that audio output to the modems audio input and letting run. Hang up at the of the playback as needed.

Thank you for reply, I have no idea about sending audio after remote user lifting the call ! I am clueless about the interaction between the GSM and audio stored in SD. (is there any method or function SD.h library to do this task?)

The easiest approach for you would be to plug an MP3 audio player shield on top of the Arduino and modem. Then simply connect that audio output to the modem audio input.

lastchancename: The easiest approach for you would be to plug an MP3 audio player shield on top of the Arduino and modem. Then simply connect that audio output to the modem audio input.

Thank you !!! I'm going to buy MP3 player