Is it possible to make a MIDI controller/musical instrument hybrid with Arduino or ESP

Is there an even slight possibility to build or recreate Misa Digital by using ESP or Arduino?

The manufacturer of this "instrument" has long stopped producing & there is no chance to buy used instruments since they are usually sold within minutes after being put on E-bay/Amazon. I've searched all over the internet for patent or any type of document describing principle of operation or at least list of hardware components used but had no luck.

I would like to try & recreate the Tri-bass model but without the guitar body using 8-inch touch screen and touch sensitive fretboard (don't know how the inventor even came up with this idea) :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:

Any advice/suggestion/tip is welcome as I don't even know where to start or what type of micro-controller is most suitable for such project,

I don’t see why not, I have made many similar Keytars as they are known.

You need an Arduino that is capable of USB output as HID MIDI, the Arduino micro is one I use a lot for this sort of thing.

One of my latest projects is shown here, although that uses the Raspberry Pi Pico processor and a commercial Touch sensor, and is geared towards an acoustic guitar rather than a rock guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22KG11FD_s

As the sound is generated by an external MIDI sound generator or PC all it has to provide is the note triggers. Here is another example of a thing I made that uses touch sensors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0r70lQ4LYI
Again for the Raspberry Pi but no reason why you can’t use an Arduino.

Thank you for the advice & video links, your trill guitar is awesome!
I've bought Raspberry Pi Zero just over a month ago so I'm still getting familiar with it or to phrase it differently I just started learning process and really don't have any experience with it.

By the looks of your project I assume that touch sensitive fret board is used to select chord/note/pitch and touch sensor in the body simulates plucking strings (like it would be the case when playing real instrument) ?

Yes that is it, but a Pi zero is a totally different thing to a Pi Pico. There is also a part two video to check out, and the magazine is a free download if you don’t want a paper copy.

But as I said you can use an Arduino Micro. Just use the MIDIusb library and follow the examples that come with it.
The problem with a Pi Zero is that it is a computer board, where as the Pico and an Arduino is a controller board. They are coming at life from opposite directions.

Teensy's are commonly used to make synths due to the Audio library available that eases development of the audio DSP.