is it possible to use a 4 module relay with different voltages?

hi everyone

im new here and hope i did everything right with the post
im also quite new to arduino and the whole topic

my problem is that i have to build a ski testing bench using a arduino

now i am a the point that i would need to use different voltages with my 4 module relay

but is this even possible? i allready killed one arduino and really want to prevent killing another one!..

why i want to use it that way is that it should have the option to be operated manualy and automaticly

with the switch powered with 3.3V from the arduino i just want to let the ardunio know how to switch the engine…

picture 3 shows the relevant part of the setup

allready big thanks for any help!

We don't know anything about your relay module so it is difficult to say what you should or should not power it with.

You indicate you are quite new to things and your schematic seems to show you wanting to switch 230v. This may not be a project to start out with.

sorry, so i give your more informations…

it says it is a “4 CHANNEL 5V 10A RELAY MODULE” sold by ELEGOO

between the 230V netvoltage and the relay is a dc dc converter, which also pulls the voltage down to 24V.

so there is 230V netvolts, which go through two switches to the dc dc converter (24V) and afterwards to the relay… from the other side comes the arduino with 5 and 3.3V. i should be able to choose, with kind of a selector switch, the program… 0 is off, M manual, B flex, T torsion, V vibration. the three state switch (On-Off-On) for relay 1 & 2 is for manual usage and gives the information if relay 3 or 4 is triggert → direction of the engine.

maybe its not the best project to start with, but sadly its my bachelors thesis… so in the end it has to work out

if you need more informations just tell me

thanks!

4 CHANNEL 5V 10A RELAY MODULE.pdf (1.07 MB)

I don't understand your last post.

You should be able to power that module with 5v.

You will have to experiment and see if the coils will switch with a 3.3v signal or if they require a 5v signal. My guess is that 3.3 will be enough.

The PDF seems to suggest that 30v 10A DC is an acceptable load so your 24v load may be fine depending on the amperage. Switch it and find out.

as i said im new to this…

my information always was that i cant power 4 relays with just 5V, because it wont be enough

the second thing is… would my arduino get any harm by mixing the voltages and and leading it back to a digital input pin on the arduino

LuHi:
my information always was that i cant power 4 relays with just 5V, because it wont be enough

The PDF you supplied has all the relays powered from a 5v source.

LuHi:
would my arduino get any harm by mixing the voltages and and leading it back to a digital input pin on the arduino

I don’t know what you mean. Wire it up like the information you supplied suggests.