is it possible?

hi.

i am considering a new project. I am going get 100 3.3v linear regulators to power several small relays each, which will mimic the flame effect real fire offers. I plan to power the regulators from a 12v source. My end goal is to build a small space heater using the regulators as the heat source.

what you fink?

I would suggest to use a component that is specially designed to convert electrical into thermal energy: The resistor. :slight_smile:

lg, couka

Qdeathstar: hi.

i am considering a new project. I am going get 100 3.3v linear regulators to power several small relays each, which will mimic the flame effect real fire offers. I plan to power the regulators from a 12v source. My end goal is to build a small space heater using the regulators as the heat source.

what you fink?

You'd be better off building a valve [tube] Arduino. You'd be able to make toast on that.

travis_farmer: what about Peltier plates?

Why? Much more expensive :confused:

lg, couka

Henry_Best: You'd be better off building a valve [tube] Arduino. You'd be able to make toast on that.

neat. Can you tell me how to do that? I dont have much experience in valves.

Qdeathstar: neat. Can you tell me how to do that? I dont have much experience in valves.

Do a Google search on ENIAC, and it will show you a rough idea of what it would take.

Qdeathstar: neat. Can you tell me how to do that? I dont have much experience in valves.

First contact your power suppliers to upgrade your supply cable and meter by 5000%...

It's a great way to waste time, money and useful products. Make it say Benghazi every so often, you could sell millions.

I will give it a go and report back.

I forgot, it needs to burn coal. At the very least, make sure that your electricity is from a coal fired power plant. You get extra points if the pollution controls are not being used and a city or at least large town and farm fields are in the fallout area so the lead, cadmium and mercury get to the most people, especially little kids because that will prove to The Great God MAMMON that profits come ahead of losers.

Go on now, save jobs, make it burn coal.

:frowning:

But, my powerplant is nuclear and natural gas :frowning:

I heard our new president wants to reinvigorate the coal industry, so i’ll wait for then.