Is it safe/doable to power an Arduino Nano with 12v + accessories?

Hello again.

I haven’t found usable answers on google (that fit my needs (granted maybe i’m bad at googling)) so I decided to ask here.

I need to make a Bluetooth controlled servo. Here’s the specs and how it should be connected.

Board: Arduino Nano

Bluetooth Module: HM-10 BLE

Servo: Don’t know the exact specifications since I don’t have it at hand but my best guess is it will be something like a MG995 Tower Pro

Battery Pack: most likely 4x AA 1.5V batteries at 16500 cells.

The finished project will be put in a 3D printed enclosure.

NO BREADBOARD

Basically:

1. I need to feed the Nano with a battery pack and also have the Bluetooth module powered and connected directly to the nano.
  2. The servo will be powered by the same battery pack.

Is this doable?

Very confusing! Where does the 12V come in? 4 x 1.5V = 6V which is probably fine for the servos but on the Arduino it's too low for Vin and and too high for the 5V pin. On the other hand 16500 cells are usually lithium so not 1.5V.

I'd probably use 4 x 1.2V AA NiMH rechargeable batteries which will work for servo, Arduino 5V pin but the Bluetooth module probably needs 3.3V.

Steve

4 times 1.5V is 6V. Where does 12V come from?

6V is too high to feed to the Nano 5V and too low to feed to Vin. The maximum voltage to the 5V pin is 5.5V. A series silicon diode between the battery pack and the Nano 5V will drop about 0.6V.

NO BREADBOARD

WHY NO BREADBOARD?

PaulRB: WHY NO BREADBOARD?

Cause I was tasked to fit this whole project in a 3D printed case without the use of a breadboard.

But a breadboard, or at least a solderless breadboard, is for prototyping only. It would be replaced by a pcb, stripboard or whatever before being fitted into a case. So did you really mean BREADBOARD, and why did you capitalise it like that? Did you think we were going to recommend the circuit remained on breadboard for ever?