Is it safe to run arduino uno 24/7 with usb as power to cellphone charger?

I was planning to build a small solar tracker which I would like to run the arduino to detect the sun, so my question is it possible to run the arduino UNO 24/7? I tried using sleep mode and stuff but it interups the rotation of the servo.

It won't do the Arduino any harm provided you are not drawing a lot of power through it. I have an Atmega 328 controlling my fridge 24/7 for the last 5 years.

Whether it is wise to leave a cell-phone charger running 24/7 is another matter that I have no answer for.

...R

Why not use the solar panel? Go into sleep mode when the solar panel returns to East for the night, then wake the arduino up when the sun causes the panel voltage to go above a certain level in the morning. Even to activate a power relay that is then held on by the arduino for the day and shut down at night.

Daz

I ran an Uno for years (5?) off an Apple cell phone charger. That same power supply has been running a Pi and hard drive for a couple of years now. So far so good!

Robin2 - what does your fridge controller do for you?

wildbill: Robin2 - what does your fridge controller do for you?

I'm running the fridge from a quasi-sine-wave inverter and the regular thermostat misbehaves so my Arduino takes its place. I just turn the regular thermostat to max cold and let the Arduino turn the power on and off. It measures the temperature with an LM335.

...R

Robin2: I'm running the fridge from a quasi-sine-wave inverter and the regular thermostat misbehaves so my Arduino takes its place. I just turn the regular thermostat to max cold and let the Arduino turn the power on and off. It measures the temperature with an LM335.

...R

Elegant alternative to "Replace the fridge"

How do you do that?, I once created that with a timer that when it detects no sun it will count down 20 seconds and it will go to sleep. But as a result it starts to affect the rotation of the servo due of the delay it start to slow down like 40 seconds delay of the rotation so if you any suggestion how to prevent affecting delays please leave a comment also this code is the struggle that I have.

/** if (lt + rt + ld + rd <= 200){

display.setBrightness(0, true);

count–;

delay(TEST_DELAY);

//runOnce = 1;

display.setBrightness(0, true);

Serial.println(“no Sun Detected/n”);

//LowPower.powerDown(SLEEP_8S, ADC_OFF, BOD_OFF);
}else {

count = 0;
display.setBrightness(0, false);

horizontal.attach(9);
vertical.attach(10);
Serial.println(“Sun Detected Sun Detected Sun Detected\n”);
delay(10000);
count–;
}

**/

this is not the full code but this is just the one when it is enable it starts to change the way the servo reacts, also this is inside the void loop